Aims of FRAME – Daryl Pedler
- At Ballarat, it was agreed the ‘aims’ of FRAME were ‘tired.’ Working group of Ruth Stuart, Darryl Pedler and Geoff Riley revised the Aims which were discussed and further amended (Attachment 7 – Aims of FRAME).
ACTION: Place Aims of FRAME document on the FRAME website for comment
Future Structure of FRAME – Policy Group
- Options for the future of FRAME were considered in the context of the structure required to achieve the agreed function and purpose of FRAME (Attachment 8 – Future Structure of FRAME).
ACTION: Options paper to be crafted as a survey to be sent to each RCS for response and feedback before the May FRAME 2013 meeting
FRAME website – Kumara Mendis
- An email from Kumara Mendis was discussed re uploading relevant FRAME publications to website.
- A big thank you to Helen Peacocke and Kumara Mendis for the effort on website creation and maintenance.
ACTION: Helen Peacocke to liaise with each RCS Manager re uploading of articles of relevance to FRAME
Celebration/Research Working Group – Jennene Greenhill
- The next step is to publish what has been achieved, others welcome to join working group.
- Meeting re research activities, perhaps breakfast meeting at Broome to identify themes making a real difference.
ACTION: Jennene Greenhill to progress the Research Working Group and arrange breakfast meeting in Broome
Academic Partnership with ACRRM – Richard Murray
- Richard provided an update since the conversation in Ballarat re FRAME/ACRRM collaboration.
- Particular interest is to provide alternative tracks to rural medical generalist careers.
- To date engagement in this area has been underwhelmed.
- Important opportunity for ACRRM to work with interested RCSs.
- A lot of interest, but what is first step? If this is to be under FRAME umbrella, given life by individual Clinical Schools, need to look at resources, selection options.
- Agreed that ACRRM should host a Workshop to extend conversations and develop a process to formalise academic partnerships with ACCRM, and potentially with other colleges by developing templates for negotiations.
ACTION: ACRRM to liaise with FRAME to invite interested RCS to a workshop in Brisbane in February
John Flynn Placement Program – Denese Playford
- Recent meeting in Fremantle of the JFPP Advisory Committee, Denese Playford represented FRAME at meeting.
- A good example of how we can have good representation on committees.
ACTION: Arrange session at Broome meeting to provide feedback to ACRRM
Agreements & Reporting – Padmaja Jha
- Padmaja Jha gave a quick update on housekeeping items.
- Expend RCTS within financial period.
- Those RCS that have not provided insurance certificates – please forward to Michelle Hillier.
- RCS & RUSC programs – still a requirement to aquit agreements.
- Underspends will be returned to DoHa via a debtor invoice.
- Staffing changes in Health Workforce Division (3 branches, Headed by Penny Shakespeare): - - Workforce Distribution: Lou Andreatta, 4 sections - Padmaja (RCS UDRH programs); Specialist training programs (Jennie Della); GPET (Louse Modden & Andrew Benson); Retention rural incentive programs (Liz Murray).
- Michelle manages overall RCS program.
- Josie Dichiera at Melbourne office, and Karen Evans at Sydney – UDRH programs.
- JFPP< continuing education programs, run separately, Suzan Charman.
- Hoping for stability by early next year.
- FOFMS (new programs). Trying smart forms for reporting online.